Friday, April 11, 2008

BOB THE BUILDER - CLARKSON yells "Pay The Bill'

As I read the NZ Herald this morning, I developed a distaste for Bob Clarkson who was reported to have kept yelling 'pay the bill' while Luamanuvao Winnie Laban delivered a speech yesterday on the importance of new legislation to prevent another Muliaga incident from occurring again. He did apologise for his outbursts, but it has clearly left a sour taste in my mouth toward that MP and it has not sweetened through out the day. I have similar emotions toward James Coleman on TV3 Sunrise - I don't watch Sunrise because of Coleman's heartless response about the cause of Mrs Muliaga's death last year. If I mistakenly switch the channel to TV3 and catch Coleman, I am reminded of his cold talk back sessions about a poor defenceless corpse Mrs Muliaga and her children who were tormented by her death and the loss of their mother.
For me- both occasions were more than attempts at taking an anti-pacific stance, it was an anti-humane position. What hope is there for minority groups with personalities like that at the fore front of our society. They need to be shut down. The Dawn Raids against Pacific peoples ended in the 1970s. This is the age of Pasifika enlightenment. Auckland celebrates Pasifika month in March. So get with it Clarkson or get lost. And TV3 how about a male presenter like Paul Henry or even a Pacific one - one who believes in the sacredness of life.